Zurück   TT-NEWS Tischtennis Forum > Regional, National & International > International Table Tennis > international discussion (english speaking) > Table Tennis Equipment
Registrieren Hilfe Kalender

Table Tennis Equipment Forum with reviews and discussions about Table Tennis rackets, rubbers, blades and other equipment. >> powered by www.TT-SHOP.net

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 16.01.2024, 18:40
Benutzerbild von Carline
Carline Carline ist gerade online
registrierter Besucher
Junior-Forenmitglied

Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)
Match etiquette for (long) pimple players

Even before COVID19 happened I posted that handshaking is an unwanted social ritual & everyone was real mad at me. But it turned out to be prophetic & I got the last laugh.

Anyway I want to talk about the 2 minute warmup. Some players actually have this ridiculous notion that you are required by rules to perform AT LEAST a 2 minute warmup.
Truth is that per rules it is AT MOST 2 minute warmup not AT LEAST. So if you choose you can have a zero minute warm up.
If you are pips player, the best thing to do before a match is not to warm up at all with your opponent especially a two winged looper.
Do your warmup with a friend of yours (if possible with same style) & not with your opponent.
This is nothing revolutionary that I invented. Chinese have always done this for years. They have a practice clone for every playing style (European) opponent. I don*t see anything unethical about that
As a long pips player , I had more than dozen situations, where an opponent actually DEMANDED that I warmup with them using my pips side. Most of these players were two winged loopers who avoid practicing against pips players at any cost but expect their pips opponents to train them to beat them during a warmup LOL
Don*t ever warmup using your pips side against your match opponent especially a two winged looper. It is not your job to train your opponent (in 2 minutes) to beat you.
Another technique I have used is to hit crazy impossible shots (using my pips side) during warmups such as to miss the table or into the net & apologize profusely to your match opponent for incompetence.

In teh final analysis teh very term "warmup" is itself a misnomer, because if you expect to win a match with just 2 minutes of warmup , you have not understood a complex sport like table tennis.
So now I don't even know what new name I can give for the so called "warmup"

Geändert von Carline (16.01.2024 um 23:12 Uhr)
Antwort

Lesezeichen

« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »