Zurück   TT-NEWS Tischtennis Forum > Fachforen > Schiedsrichter- und Regelbereich & Rechtliches
Registrieren Hilfe Kalender

Schiedsrichter- und Regelbereich & Rechtliches Alles rund um Schiedsrichter, Regeln, rechtliches (Vereinsrecht, Gesetze). Regelfragen, strittige Situationen, zu viele Regeländerungen oder neue Ideen für TT, Erfahrungen als/mit Schiedsrichter(n), Ausbildung, usw.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 15.01.2024, 17:32
Benutzerbild von Carline
Carline Carline ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Junior-Forenmitglied

Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)
Different rule sets for different (age) groups?

I am of the belief that all children should start with spinverted (short for spinny + inverted as opposed to antiverted) rubbers
In some countries like China I hear that only spinverted rubbers are allowed in children’s events.
Even though I do not really buy this story, teh reason given is to prevent youth from leaving the sport because they are supposedly frustrated by rubbers that are not spinverted. The level of this so called "problem" varies from country to country. For example I hear that in Taiwan more & more children are taking up pips or anti because of pressure from parents to win etc. In India I hear almost all girls are taking up long pips because they want to imitate Manika Batra etc
So assuming you want to give children the benefit of the doubt, in your opinion what is the youngest age that a child should be allowed to take up anteverted or any pips rubbers ? 14 or 18 etc ?
To answer that also consider this fact > Only a small % humans are capable of becoming future two winged loopers (maybe 10% ?) and I won’t get into my reasons here
Would it make sense to limit all youth events to spinverted rubbers only but allow the youth to use any rubber in general all age events ?
Would it also make sense to allow veterans (now called masters> those over age 40) to use banned rubbers such as frictionless pips only in master’s events (or masters’ only tournament such as the one coming up World Masters’ Championships in Rome in July 2024) but not allow those rubbers in general all age events or tournaments ?
As much as you all would want to convince yourself, tabletennis just is not a spectator sport in most countries except may be Germany or China especially now that chop defenders have been totally exterminated on men’s side. I am by no means suggesting that 50% players should be chop defenders ……..that would be ridiculous. But it is definitely ridiculous from a spectator viewpoint to have 90% matches to be third ball or fifth ball comedy of errors between two illegally boosted up loop attack players. . Older players support this sport . There will be 6000 players in Rome. If you held a masters tournament in India or China you will likely het 10000+ players. But the current rules are blatantly discriminatory against older players (& of course against chop defenders in general age group and I have no do doubt that the pip length, pip density & pip aspect ratio must definitely be increased even for general events to promote more chop defenders. I did not ask to allow ask for frictionless pips or anti to be allowed in general age events..........but allow them only in masters' events) .
There is no doubt at all in my mind that the same set of rules absolutely do NOT work for all types future pros (or youth) , past pros ( or masters) or current pros ( or general all age group)
Alt 20.01.2024, 10:06
Benutzerbild von Carline
registrierter Besucher
Junior-Forenmitglied

Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)
AW: Different rule sets for different (age) groups?

I mistakenly stated China as where children are allowed to use only spinverted rubbers. That was an error on my part
The countries are Canada & Japan , not China
Alt 20.01.2024, 10:20
Benutzerbild von Carline
registrierter Besucher
Junior-Forenmitglied

AW: Different rule sets for different (age) groups?

Speaking of China, let me also add the following from my observations & hearing from many many Chinese mainland players.
Most (if not all) Chinese tournament players (at lower or mid levels even (ITTF (CTTA) affiliated tournaments) are the most openminded in the world about what their opponents play with. They really don't care much about what their oppoents use.

This is unlike the rest of the world where most players obsessed & paranoid about what their opponet uses. Most two winged loopers always spend many sleepless nights wondering what next rule change the can have their puppets, the ITTF to make to further limit the capabilities of pips, in addition to the 9 rule & regulation changes they have forced since 1983.

You can easily tell who your real friends are in table tennis
Antwort

Lesezeichen

« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »