Zurück   TT-NEWS Tischtennis Forum > Regional, National & International > International Table Tennis > international discussion (english speaking) > Table Tennis Equipment
Registrieren Hilfe Kalender

Table Tennis Equipment Forum with reviews and discussions about Table Tennis rackets, rubbers, blades and other equipment. >> powered by www.TT-SHOP.net

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 14.01.2024, 20:36
Benutzerbild von Carline
Carline Carline ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Junior-Forenmitglied

Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)Carline ist verbrannt und wird nicht mehr ernst genommen (Renommeepunkte mindestens -500)
Long is out, out is long , then long is out again on ITTF LARC

There are rubbers on ITTF LARC that were classified as "long" then "out" over the years
Then there are rubbers on ITTF LARC that were classified as "long" then "out" and then "long" again over the years
My suspicion is that manufacturers may be manipulating some pip design parameters to be on the very edge of definition whether long or out
The reason is that they want a rubber classified as out but pips may be very close to 0.89 long & also quite flexible. So though the rubber is classified a out it may behave like long especially for chopping if the pips are flexible.
Keep in mind that pip length of 0.89 (upper limit for short) is much closer to 1.1 (upper limit for long after 1998) but used to be 1.3 before 1998
So for product differentiation & marketing gimmick purposes the manufacturer can get ITTF to classify as *out* while the rubber that behaves like long pips (especially for chopping) .
I think Butterfly Magnitude was once classified as Long but now is classified as *out* in the LARC.
In fact if you check the current LARC , you will see 2 listings for Butterfly Magnitude one without approval code (older I assume) & one with approval code of 14-040 (newer I assume).
I think Bomb Hammer is also the same . If I remember, it was once classified as *Long* but now is classified as *Out*. And I have seen claims that it is one of the best chopping short pips.
I have seen few other rubbers on LARC like this but I do not remember names.

It would be even funnier is a rubber was first classified as "in" then as "anti" & vice-versa on the LARC.
Alt 16.01.2024, 06:41
understatement understatement ist gerade online
registrierter Besucher
Foren-Stammgast 1000

understatement trifft öfters den Nagel auf den Kopf (Renommeepunkte mindestens +100)understatement trifft öfters den Nagel auf den Kopf (Renommeepunkte mindestens +100)
AW: Long is out, out is long , then long is out again on ITTF LARC

The Bomb Talent also disappeared from the list and then was on it again... but that was because the manufacturer didn't pay the fees...
Antwort

Lesezeichen

« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »