Zurück   TT-NEWS Tischtennis Forum > Regional, National & International > International Table Tennis > international discussion (english speaking) > The TT-NEWS Club Bar
Registrieren Hilfe Kalender

The TT-NEWS Club Bar Chit Chat - Talk about anything here. Not only tabletennis-related topics are welcome here, also other sports, politics, lifestyle, etc.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 19.01.2009, 16:53
Florian L. Florian L. ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Foren-Stammgast 500

Florian L. ist auf dem Weg zur Identifikationsfigur ;-) (Renommeepunkte mindestens +500)Florian L. ist auf dem Weg zur Identifikationsfigur ;-) (Renommeepunkte mindestens +500)Florian L. ist auf dem Weg zur Identifikationsfigur ;-) (Renommeepunkte mindestens +500)Florian L. ist auf dem Weg zur Identifikationsfigur ;-) (Renommeepunkte mindestens +500)Florian L. ist auf dem Weg zur Identifikationsfigur ;-) (Renommeepunkte mindestens +500)Florian L. ist auf dem Weg zur Identifikationsfigur ;-) (Renommeepunkte mindestens +500)
AW: English books

I've just finished reading "The Jungle Books" by Kippling. It was the first time I closely was engaged with these themes. What was most stunning was that the thread through the text, basically, were the Mowgli stories. And, although, they were merely losely connected built a frame in which the other parts (Undertakers, ....) were emebedded fairly good. Neverthelesss the quality of the stories varied hugely, especially some of the poems I did not understand totally in terms of language and, particularly, meaning.

At the very moment I read "Tracks" by Louise Erdrich, a native North-American author. I have to read that for university and I must admit that I find it rather boring. Of course the novel provides an authentic picture of the native American at the beginning of the twentieth century but, in general, it is focused on the minority. I don't like novels whose only purpose is to create a pledge for minorities and here you realise such tendencies.
Alt 21.01.2009, 16:23
Benutzerbild von Norbert
Norbert Norbert ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Forenmitglied

Norbert ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

Paul Ekert: Ordinary Monsters

if you like action thrillers...
Alt 21.01.2009, 16:36
Tony_Iommi Tony_Iommi ist offline
Onkel aus Amerika
Foren-Stammgast 3000

Tony_Iommi ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

...finially about to finish up Sedaris' : 'When you are engulfed in flames'
Alt 15.05.2009, 17:34
Benutzerbild von Tabea
Tabea Tabea ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Junior-Forenmitglied

Tabea ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

I can recommend "The Pelican Brief" by John Grisham. I read it for the CAE (Certificate of Advanced English from the Cambride University) and now it's one of my favourite books. It's catching and you just have to go on reading!
Alt 15.05.2009, 18:33
Benutzerbild von Pit Brett
Pit Brett Pit Brett ist offline
almost famous
Forenmitglied

Pit Brett ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

Hope you guys still have left some space for another recommendation..

It's Howard Jacobson's "The mighty Walzer" which has been brought to my attention by a friend from Chicago a few years ago.

Of course it's not that catching as a regular thriller but you'll find lots of jokes almost on every page.

As a ping-pong...sorry, as a table tennis player myself, I really enjoyed reading it even though I had to look up for a couple of words from time to time as a german. It's about a little boy who's a real natural at ping-pong and follows his way becomming a pro.

Worth reading even for people who're not that familiar with table tennis. But if you're (and I know you're :-)) it will double the fun!

In case that somebody of you read this book already, I'd like to know if it has been the same pleasure for you

Get it here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mighty-Walze.../dp/0099274728

Geändert von Pit Brett (15.05.2009 um 21:02 Uhr)
Alt 15.05.2009, 20:36
Benutzerbild von Obachecka
Obachecka Obachecka ist offline
Leer
Ältestenrat - Hall of Fame PLATIN

Obachecka ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

I have to read "About a boy" untill next thursday....

I watched the movie a few days ago and it was boring in my opinion.

Geändert von Obachecka (15.05.2009 um 20:38 Uhr)
Alt 15.05.2009, 20:44
DirkEausM DirkEausM ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Foren-Urgestein - Master of discussion *

DirkEausM ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

Zitat:
Zitat von Obachecka Beitrag anzeigen
I have to read "About a boy" untill next thursday....
...not only to read, feel it

The Who - See me feel me
Alt 15.05.2009, 20:54
Benutzerbild von Obachecka
Obachecka Obachecka ist offline
Leer
Ältestenrat - Hall of Fame PLATIN

Obachecka ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

Zitat:
Zitat von DirkEausM Beitrag anzeigen
...not only to read, feel it

The Who - See me feel me

Read it, feel it, what else ?

Our teacher wants us to collect 10 vocabs from each chapter for our "vocab-list", we have to make a reading log, we'll write a vocab test on thursday and so on....

Horrible...

Deniece Williams - Silly
Let's go back to the "Musik-Thread"...;-)

Antwort

Lesezeichen

« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »